Many Tips for Slam Poetry  Power Poetry
Many Tips for Slam Poetry  Power Poetry

Slam poetry


your father is dead and we are driving
the long highway to Chickasha Oklahoma
and you tell me the proper way to
pronounce a town called Alex but said
like Alec and I don't argue the highway
drags on and on and as we round the
handle of your home state shaped like a
hatchet you fall quiet wrapped up inside
the nostalgia that you were once a child
here and that invisible still sits

bottomless in you the fucked up truth is
that this is where our love was born for
better or worse inside the hurt of our
child selves and yes your father is dead
now and mine is maybe the same our kith
and kin have been drowned in the dirt in
America is the taxidermist of our
fathers the reason I love you like this
is because I do not have to explain this
egg to you it is now that I see that

Many Tips for Slam Poetry  Power Poetry
Many Tips for Slam Poetry  Power Poetry


I've spent all my life learning the
vocabulary of us our fathers was never
ours but they were the hands of
capitalism once I thought my father
wanted a daughter but all he knew to
want to be an ax and your father the oil
we were not supposed to inherit the
tenderness would give each other your

father has died and it is opened a wound
in you, that shows me a light oh how I
thanked the truck at 4:00 a.m. the tree
through your jaw and the straight edge
that followed the line that led you to
me oh how I think your father's fist and

Many Tips for Slam Poetry  Power Poetry
Many Tips for Slam Poetry  Power Poetry

Broken words

how you learn to be by what not to be
a fist oh ho I think our mothers but
their capacity to love so full of mercy
how you wouldn't be the man I love if it
weren't for the crack pipe the Trailer
Park the rehabs and not love your father
knew and held fast all the way to the
grave 

Oh Oklahoma and your grand and fucked-up
nothingness
oh sweet dirt road and the round had
been sat us into the Silence of it all
oh how the sharp edges of hurt have
chiseled away at the gift of life so
pregnant with possibility
you
Many Tips for Slam Poetry  Power Poetry
Many Tips for Slam Poetry  Power Poetry


watch more poems & poetry:

Click these links.

  1. love poems,
  2. funny kids poems,
  3. sad love poetry
  4. Romantic love poems,
  5. poems for her,
  6. button poetry,
  7. slam poetry


Thanks for watching:
                                            I hope you like our best collection of Many Tips for Slam Poetry | Power Poetry helpful please don't be cheap to share the collection also to your friends.

Post a Comment

Thank you visitor we will reply soon.

Previous Post Next Post