Art has no gender-Button poetry
Art has no gender-Button poetry

Button poetry about art:

I'm sitting in a library enclosed in

circles and compassed by books books

with yellow pages scribbles notes

unfinished endings with beginnings that

ended way before they even began and I

see torn out pages flying before my eyes

pages that were dog-eared so long ago

that it began to believe they were born

that way

the wall in front of the library reads

art has no gender but artists do it is a

a sunny afternoon in 2019 and I have an

interview question to answer so what is

it like being a female artist well same

as being a male artist except you don't


Art has no gender-Button poetry
Art has no gender-Button poetry
get asked that question

you see we female artists have a sordid

history a history defined by the rules

of genitalia in 1956 when Asahi Award

the winner gets asked if she's only popular

for her beauty and paraphernalia, I'm

sorry I'm Rita prism but it wasn't for

your youth and beauty it was for your

progressive notions against

heteronormativity it was for your

resistance and your rebellion and the

a stance that you held in the life that

you lived in the battles where you bled

I'm sorry female artists it is 2019 and

that wall in front of the library reads

art has no gender but artists to rewind

hundred years before amrita Pritam

in the land of beauty bounty and freedom

in 1859 left the Bronte sisters in

England who began to publish their

writing under a male pseudonym because

their writing was in what we considered

feminine I'm sorry Bronte sisters but if

it wasn't for your unfeminine work and

letters feminism would just be an F

words that no one uh turfs I'm sorry

Frida Kahlo, I'm sorry Amy Winehouse I'm

sorry

Art has no gender-Button poetry
Art has no gender-Button poetry


I'm Rita shear you I'm sorry Arundhati

Roy, it is 2019 and that wall in front of

the library reads art has no gender but

artists do

fast forward November 2019 female

artists are still considered more female

fewer artists our biologies under

scrutiny it is no less than a mutiny

that hundred years forward to 100 years

behind we are still asking you to change

your mind we are asking you to look at

art with a heart we are asking you to

not determine it by a chromosome so

before I leave this library and begin to

walk back home I march towards that god

damned wall

I see torn out pages still flying before

my eyes I touched him I fold them I

scrunched him back there stereotypes I

take down that wall I crack it open I

scatter and smash those bricks like

their prejudices just waiting to be

broken I scream and yell with the same

the enthusiasm that Madame Curie must have

had when she discovered radium so that I

can stand in front of all of you in the

stadium and tell you for once and for

all that art has no gender and neither


do artists.
Art has no gender-Button poetry
Art has no gender-Button poetry

watch more poems & poetry:

Click the links.
love poems, funny kids poems, sad love poetry,

  Romantic love poems

thanks for watching:

I hope you like our best collection of Art has no gender-Button poetry helpful please don't be cheap to share the collection also to your friends.

Post a Comment

Thank you visitor we will reply soon.

Previous Post Next Post