Button Poetry-About My Mom Must Watch
Button Poetry-About My Mom Must Watch

Touching:

My mom says I follow her like a germ
without knowing my mind is infected.
We laugh.
I hover in the kitchen
like a cough stuck in her throat.
At Thanksgiving, I oversalt the greens
and get demoted to the dishes.
I'm the glass that needs polishing,
know the constant rub will make me clean.
At Tuesday night service,
I find I don't need to touch myself

to touch myself.

I can toy with my muscles
while smiling in a pew,
a pulsing preteen heap
pretending to not think about
how people in this church were created.

Button Poetry-About My Mom Must Watch
Button Poetry-About My Mom Must Watch

Bible

The Bible says Adam knew Eve,
and she birthed Cain.
Maya's parents folded into her
like our tithing envelopes,
and she's singing a hymn next to me.
I accidentally found
my parents' condoms yesterday.
They can't afford another sinner.

I'm so neat.
I'm so careful.
Chores scrub the secret
until my desire is blank.

I erase the dirt in my head
while vacuuming the living room.
Stains yell the sins from my underwear,
and I wash a load for my family
all by myself.

Button Poetry-About My Mom Must Watch
Button Poetry-About My Mom Must Watch

Buttons

I cut my nails to be productive,
need to push the buttons
on the machines easier.
My panties are smothered
in the bottom of the hamper
with dried flakes in the seat.

I'm so dirty.
I'm so independent.
Know how to work around what's broken.
I lay our clothes on the couches to dry
while the dishes soak in hot water.

I tell my mom the laundromat
has a working dryer.
Need to hide the extra drawers
covering the armrests.
These are adult feelings,
and no one teaches me
how to feel before the blood.

Body

I'm told my body
is not built for lust yet.
I'm not a woman, but I want to be.
An erupting girl who doesn't track a cycle
but still ruins cotton panties.
Shay taught me how to pop my ass
in the church bathroom

while our mothers were upstairs
in choir rehearsal,
and I'm ready to grind
on the nearest boy to school the next day.
I must be the only one who craves.

Button Poetry-About My Mom Must Watch
Button Poetry-About My Mom Must Watch

Sunday

I want to ask my Sunday School teacher
if I will go to Hell.
How much am I sinning
when I'm only pleasuring myself?
The bathroom is the only door
I'm allowed to lock in this house.
I point out the ring around the toilet
while gripping Ajax by the neck.

My mom's impressed
at my surge of housework.
Cleanliness is next to godliness.
I'll be a good wife.
Suppression is next to salvation.
I'll be a good sinner.

I turn the latch
and clean myself of the thoughts.
After, I run water
to soak up the sound of crying.
For now, I only need myself.
For now, I only need my need.

Thanks for watching:

I hope you like our best collection of Button Poetry-About My Mom Must Watch helpful please don't be cheap to share the collection also to your friends.

Post a Comment

Thank you visitor we will reply soon.

Previous Post Next Post